Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Unpossible Autograph- George Werley

Recently, I read the unfortunate news online that another former Oriole has passed away; pitcher George Werley died on November 21.

I wrote about my first autograph of George back in 2011, but had obtained this personalized TTM autograph just this past April, and had yet to post it here. He very kindly signed the front and back of the card, and I'm glad that I sent it out when I did. Sometimes I wait around to do things and then, in situations like this, the opportunity can pass me by, but luckily I found the motivation to send the card out, and George was kind enough to sign it for me.


I found this extensive write-up about Mr. Werley's brief Major League career, and I feel like it does a much better job than I could do of summarizing his time in baseball, so give it a read if you would like to learn more about George's short time with the Orioles.


RIP George. 

No comments: