Thursday, December 4, 2014

Oh Hey There, or Catching Up on Orioles Debuts of De Aza & Johnson

Wow, where has the time gone? I had absolutely no intentions of being away from the blog for almost two and a half months, but I guess that life really does change quite a bit when you have a baby. My amazing wife, gave birth to our awesome son two days after my last post here way back in September. And needless to say, and I'm sure many of you out there can empathize, my free time has been at a premium ever since the little dude entered my life. And he is far and away my top priority, obviously, but I have no intention of letting this site totally gather dust. I will at least try to pop on from time to time to keep up with Orioles comings and goings.

As of my last post, I still was waiting on some autographs to arrive to keep my collection at 100%, and I was able to do so through the 2014 debuts, with 986 autographs to represent each and every player who has ever suited up for the Orioles. I'll show off a few of the autographs here that I believe I had never posted before my hiatus. There are also a few upgrades that I had obtained and never shown off. So here I go...

#977- Preston Guilmet


#978- Nick Hundley


#983- Alejandro De Aza


#984- Kelly Johnson

Sorry that I'm forgoing my standard write-ups about De Aza and Johnson, but I'll try to write something more about them when/if I ever can get their Oriole Old Man cards signed. And as always, a big thank you to my dad for supplying the great custom O's card of Guilmet for me to get signed.

Nick Hundley and, for some weird reason, Steve Lombardozzi were both also included in the 2014 Topps Update set as Orioles, so they were added to my need list. Hundley seems like a good signer, but Lombardozzi never seemed very nice, so he might be a tough one to knock off.

I can fairly well guarantee that my next post won't take another 2+ months to write, so I hope to keep up with my posting a little bit better moving forward but time will tell!