Sunday, May 17, 2009

Joe Nowicki literally causes Friday fireworks in Bowie

The title of this post is accurate. The Baysox were up 1 in the top of the seventh inning (the last inning since it was a double-header) around 10:30pm on Friday night. Fireworks were scheduled but they had to start (or end) by 11pm. The fans were getting nervous.

Wilfrido Perez was in to close out the game and struck out the first two batters with ease. Unfortunately, he walked the next Sea Wolves batter and the following guy took him deep to take the lead in the game. He got the last out but the damage was done. It was now 10:40, the Baysox were behind and the fireworks seemed unlikely.

Melvin Dorta led off the bottom of the seventh with a quick single. There was hope in Bowie.

Adam Donachie flew out to right for the first out as the clock continued to tick away the seconds. Joe Nowicki stepped to the plate, and he wanted to end the game for the good guys. One sweet swing of the bat and the ball was over the right field fence. It was 10:45 and the fireworks started before all of the players even left the field.

Oh yeah, I also got my picture with Brandon Snyder & Troy Patton. And got some sweet autos from some of the Bowie players that I didn't already have autographs of.


Troy Patton & me


Brandon Snyder & me


Troy Patton


Melvin Dorta(who got promoted to AAA Norfolk after the game) & Fredy Deza


Robert Valido & Dave Krynzel

Bobby Livingston (who shares my exact birthday) Jonathan Tucker, Mike Costanzo
Costanzo offered to sign 100 if I had them, and then joked they would cost $50 each

Brandon Snyder-isn't this a weird looking card though?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought Joe was never gonna hit a homer in Bowie! Wish he had done it when I went up there to see him!