Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adios Accardo, Bring On Blake

The yearly Orioles roster turnover continues to be a summer tradition in Baltimore.

This time around, Jeremy Accardo, whose autograph I just featured earlier this week, has been designated for assignment, with IF/OF Blake Davis being called up to potentially make his Major League debut.

Davis was called up prior to Saturday's game in Washington and has yet to crack the lineup. Once he does, he will be Oriole #899.


Luckily, Blake's autograph is already in my collection, so I'm prepared for him to officially be included on the all-time Orioles list. When or if Blake makes his MLB debut, I'll write an in-depth post about him.

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

I'm interested to see what Blake can do at the MLB level. He seems to be having a solid season at Norfolk. I've really grown tired of Andino's act at second base. I don't know why Buck continues to throw him out there every day. He is not the answer long term so I think it would be a good idea to see what Davis has. Buck already stunted Ryan Adams' growth by letting him sit the pine for a month.

Orioles Magic said...

I'm much happier having a player like Davis (or Green or Harris), as opposed to Adams back-up second base for now. Andino does make some great plays but I'm not a big fan overall.