Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Counting Down the Orioles

One of my projects this offseason is to assign a debut number to every player who has spent time with the Orioles. So I will be counting down from 910-1. If multiple players debut in the field in the same game, I use the 1-9 position numbers as a tiebreaker. I will be blogging about the scans I have of any of the players starting with the more recent debuts. This should give me some specific ideas about what to blog about on the days when any Orioles news is lacking.


The player whose debut came most recently that I still have a card I haven't shown here before is Oriole #899, Blake Davis, who debuted this past June 22.


I don't know if Blake is in the Orioles plans for 2012 and it's unlikely that the 25 games the 27 year old backup infielder appeared in will get him included in any major issue card sets, so this will probably be the card that stays in my collection for the long haul. However. he was featured on an Orioles postcard that I would like to get signed at some point.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

I like your tie-breaker. I doubt I could have come up with such a logical solution.

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks Zach, it works for me, and I don't think anyone else has done this yet.