Saturday, February 23, 2013

Random Autograph Saturday- Tom Matchick

I'm reviving a long-forgotten feature around here to highlight some of the remaining, unposted autographs in my collection. I've said it before, and I apologize if it seems repetitive, but many of the autographs that I have yet to show off feature players that I just don't have a lot to say about. It's nothing personal, but sometimes, shockingly, I don't have much to say. 


Tom Matchick is a near perfect example of a player who leaves me at a loss for words. He was a utility player in the Majors between 1967-72, and he appeared in the Orioles for just the final three games of the '72 season, in what proved to be his last Major League action, although he continued playing in the Minors through 1976. The highlight of his career seems to be that he was a member of the 1968 Detroit Tigers World Series Championship squad.

As far as I can recall, I obtained this autograph in a trade, so I don't have any interesting back-stories about that side of things either.

But anyway, that's about all I have to say about Mr. Matchick.


No comments: