Friday, February 1, 2013

Unpossible Autograph Friday- Earl Williams

Sadly, another former Oriole passed away this past week when former catcher, Earl Williams, died from complications of leukemia on Thursday.


Earl played with the Orioles during the 1973-74 seasons and was a former N.L. Rookie of the Year. I wrote about him in 2011, and used his story to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. day that year. I don't have much to add about him since then, but after his passing, I've read some stories about him after his playing days, and it sounds like he was a pretty great guy.  RIP Earl.


To briefly explain the misspelled/made up title of these weekly posts: Every Friday, I profile a former Oriole who has passed away. I've substituted the word unpossible for impossible as an homage to a line from "The Simpsons". Young Ralph Wiggum, who is not very smart, says "Me fail English? That's unpossible." 

No comments: