Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dylan Bundy's First Bobblehead

One of my most pleasant surprises from Orioles Fanfest came in the form of a bobblehead, that of the O's 2011 first-round draft pick, Dylan Bundy. As far as I'm aware, this is Bundy's first bobblehead, so that makes me like it even more (as if I need another reason to justify my love of bobbles).


The bobblehead is one of two (the other being Manny Machado) being given away by the Frederick Keys, the hi-A affiliate of the O's. As of now, the only way to get either bobble is to purchase some sort of season-ticket package from the team. Luckily, the lowest tier of being a season ticket holder is a booklet of ten tickets that can be used throughout the course of the season, and since Kalina and I attend approximately five Keys games, this worked out perfectly. I chose the Bundy over Machado because I don't think the Machado looks much like him, and, again, this is my first Bundy bobble. But if I get my way, I'll add the Machado bobble as well at some point down the road. 

The AA Bowie Baysox have run a very similar ticket + bobblehead promotion for the past 3-4 years, and that has become somewhat of a Christmas present tradition to me from my parents, so maybe this Keys promotion could join that moving forward. This also makes me think that I have yet to show off the Baysox 2013 bobble of Manny Machado, which really looks like him and is one of the better minor league bobbles I've seen. 


Here are a few more shots of the bobble, for your viewing pleasure.





I feel like I'd be remiss if also didn't mention that I love how Bundy is featured in an orange uniform too. As you probably know, I prefer when the O's and their affiliates rock the orange.

No comments: