Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Upgrading Mickey

So I'm officially back from my time away from real life and my computer. I enjoyed my holidays and hope that you all did too.


Today's autograph is of Mickey McGuire, who I profiled back in October when I add a signed index card of his to my collection. A long-time friend of the blog sent me this delayed wedding present that happened to arrive just after Christmas, so it seems like a good autograph to use to get back into the swing of posting. It's my very own Mickey McGuire autographed Orioles Crown card! This is Mickey's only Orioles card, and he was one of the very last living players that I was able to add to my collection, so his autograph is hard to find to say the least.

Thank you so much Russell for helping me to completely knock Mickey off my need list! I really appreciate your help with him.


My first real post of 2012 also seems like a good time to share an update on my collection. Of the 910 players who have appeared in a game for Orioles, I only need one autograph to wrap things up. I hope that I will be able to add a Bert Hamric autograph sometime in the next year to "complete" my collection. Of course, I'm still trying to upgrade my autographs of 30 other former O's, and it's likely that 15-25 players will make their Oriole debuts in 2012, so there will almost always be something to keep me collecting.

I hope that you all have a great 2012 and that your card collections grow exponentially.

No comments: