Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Training Autographs- Minor Leaguers

Now that I've been back from my Spring Training trip for well over a month and the regular season is nearly three weeks old, I think it's about time that I make it through all of the autographs I got in Spring Training. So here is another post that is heavy on pictures and light on words.

Don't act like you mind. 

I'm gonna start off with some players who have actually played for the Orioles at some point over the years. 


Jack Cust was a late Spring signing who headed directly to minor league camp and never had much of a shot to make the O's. He was attempting a comeback but I think might have retired after being cut.



T.J. spent the 2013 season in the O's bullpen as a Rule V pick from the Indians but is back in the minors attempting to stretch out and become a starter down the road. 



Henry also spent some time in Baltimore last year but was edged out of the OF competition during Spring Training. 


This group of players were all at the O's camp during Spring but didn't make the team. 

You've most likely already seen signed custom Orioles OMC cards of most of they players here and I don't have much more to say about them.

 Stupid chrome cards. I even "prepped" this one. Obviously not well. 



I have to give Quintin props, he is a good signer.



 Two consecutive players with B.B. initials whose signatures largely consist of two large B's. Just an observation.



Kelvin's stock in the organization seems to have dropped pretty quickly. He signed a Major League deal, but has since been outrighted off the roster and is sporting an 11.37 ERA through six appearances with the AAA Tides. 



Now that's a proper chrome card signature. 


Could this be the year that Caleb makes the jump to the Majors? At least he's already progressed to AAA after a bunch of years at AA.



Johnny is another good signer, and I like to give respect where it's due. 



Xavier didn't seem like much of a fan of signing, but I still got him a few times. 



I heard from some other collectors that Eduardo was tough but I've never had problems with him. 




Jemile was sooo close to making the O's roster, but David Lough avoided a DL trip. 

The players below all signed for me on my one morning spent at minor league camp.


For whatever reason, Kalina has already decided that Ronald is the player she is going to root for at Bowie this year. 



Chih-Hsien is also with Bowie. 




That's a nice orange uni. 



And these two guys are already out of the organization.


Thanks again for taking the time to sign Alfredo!


Scott, we hardly knew ya!

2 comments:

zman40 said...

I love those Keys cards!

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks Zach! The Keys do a good job with them, and last year, they were even for sale at the first home series of the year!