Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Last of the Spring Training Autographs

While I had an absolute blast on my trip to Spring Training, it's hard to believe that I still haven't gotten around to posting all the scans of the cards I got autographed yet. I know that I can be a bit of a procrastinator, but this is bad. So without any further delay, here are the rest of 'em. (Aren't you glad this isn't a news site or something? I would just now be celebrating St. Patrick's Day or something.)

This post pretty much consists of autographs of coaches, and a few other cards that got skipped along the way.



Anytime you get an autograph of a Hall of Famer, it should probably lead off the post. Palmer is pretty accessible around O's games since he works on the TV broadcasts for MASN, but it's still always exciting to get his autograph. 



I'm not sure how I missed this Tillman autograph in my post featuring the other current O's but I did. And it looks like Chris was only signing one card per person this year, so I chose this nice orange uni Tides card over some other cards.



I can't honestly say when I got this card signed by Miguel. I didn't think it was on my trip but since I'm not sure, here it is!



I don't know how many different signed cards I now have that show Brady on various cards in an orange uniform, but it's more than a few.






Dave Anderson is the O's new infield instructor, and he was kind enough to sign these cards for me at minor league camp one morning. 



Scott was actually in the Orioles big league camp (I believe in 2012) trying to make the team, but faced some injuries and had to retire. He is now a coach for the short season Aberdeen Ironbirds. 




Like Palmer, Mike Bordick works for MASN and is around the team throughout the season. 




Former Oriole Butch Davis has been a minor league instructor for the O's for quite a few years now. He is currently the hitting coach for AA Bowie. 



 The Orioles sure do love to have their former players come back as instructors. Todd is a scout for the team and came into camp for a few days to work with fellow side-arm pitcher Darren O'Day on their shared unique throwing style.



Another former Oriole. Another current Orioles coach. As you can see, Mike is the pitching coach for AAA Norfolk.


You know the drill by now. Scotty pitched for the O's, and is now in the fold as an instructor in their farm system. He made a funny comment about disliking this picture of himself. Mid-80's Fleer sets seem to be full of these awkward shots.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

That is funny that Beerer is now a hitting coach. I'm fairly sure that he started his career as a pitcher.

Orioles Magic said...

Good point, I totally forgot about that!