Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random Saturday Autograph- Chris Fussell & Contest Update


Why Chris Fussell? Why not? He's been in my scanned folder for a long time and is ready for his time to shine. He's a perfect candidate to use as one of my random Saturday autographs.

Chris was a journeyman pitcher who played professionally for fourteen seasons from 1994-2007. For all that work, he appeared in only 40 MLB games (3 for the O's in 1998 & the rest for the Royals in 1999-2000). At least he made it to the top level though, it's something that most of us can't say!

One note about the autograph. I'm a big fan of the his F, but the rest of the autograph seems pretty rushed. 

Did you enter my Spring Training Contest yet? There's still a few slots left and I'm cutting entries off tomorrow, so enter soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Chris Fussell - I sort of remember him from the Camden Riversharks. I did not realize that he played for the Orioles.

zman40 said...

Good point about his signature.

I actually have a good Fussell memory. He was the winning pitcher in the Royals home opener in 2000. The R's were down 4-0 when he came in in the fifth and he pitched four innings while giving up two unearned runs as the R's came back to win 10-6. That was the first opening day/home opener that I had been to and, after a three year break, I am happy to say that I was able to get Opening Day tickets this year.

Orioles Magic said...

Looks like you guys both have better in-person memories of Chris than I do. I'm pretty sure that I never saw him pitch.

Zach- Congrats on the Opening Day tickets!