Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An Orange Kind of Day

As some of you may know, one of my mini collections is of autographed Orioles cards (as well as those of their affiliates) that picture the player wearing the O's distinctive orange uniform. It's a color that very few teams wear and I like its uniqueness. Most of the cards that depict the O's wearing orange uniforms are from shots taken during the team's exhibition games in Spring Training. But now that the Orioles have officially brought an orange uniform variation back into the regular rotation, I'm expecting to see more orange uniform cards in the coming years.

This collection is kind of a passive thing that I don't like to spend money on, but I will try to obtain signed orange uniform cards in person or via trade. At some point, I might get my "have list" uploaded but doubt I will ever put together a want list.

Here are some current and former Orioles rocking the orange.


Quite a few of Miggy's Orioles cards show him wearing orange


I believe that Kirk, who writes Eutaw Street Cardboard, sent me this Bergy autograph


Melmo is also shown wearing orange in the '05 Donruss set; nice work Donruss!


Unsuccessful Oriole, Bob McCrory, is shown wearing the Tides orange uniform variation


No comments: