Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Personalized Upgrades

As many of you probably know by this point, my preference is to have the Orioles autographs in my collection personalized to me. I feel as though it adds a personal touch to each autograph, knowing that it was specifically signed for me. It also alleviates some player's concerns that I might try to flip their autograph for a profit, which is not what I do.

I obtain my personalized autographs in a variety of ways, including at Orioles games...


where I was able to get Jason Hammel and Robert Andino to kindly personalize for me,

Orioles Alumni signings...





where I knocked out Dave Ford, Kiko Garcia, Glenn Gulliver, and Jeffrey Hammonds in one shot at a recent signing,

and at minor league games...



where sometimes the instructors like Butch Davis, and players like Rhyne Hughes, are in the O's farm system,



while other times the former O's are members of other team's farm systems, like Scott Erickson and Steve Luebber, who are both pitching coaches in the Hi-A Carolina league.

I have to say thanks to my dad for helping me upgrade the Scott Erickson autograph at a recent Frederick Keys game that we attended together.

4 comments:

JediJeff said...

How sweet is that Kiko Garcia card?! Eye black and the huge hair under the cap. Classic 80's.

Orioles Magic said...

Yep, the Kiko is amazing. I was really happy to get it signed. Thanks!

Ryan H said...

I hadn't heard squat about the Alumni Series this year. There's nothing on the official page about it. Are they doing these signings without announcing it?

Orioles Magic said...

Ryan- They've been doing the same thing as in past seasons. 3-4 former O's prior to every Monday/Thursday home game.