Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wild Card



I think that it's pretty timely that I happened to come across this playing card showing the Orioles as the Wild Card, which currently would be their spot in the A.L. playoffs if the season ended today. I didn't go looking for this card, but rather just came across it while organizing some other Orioles cards, which somehow makes me like it even more. It's from one of those MLB playing card decks, and was apparently made in 2001, so it has taken a few years for it's designation to be accurate.

Now if I can just find one that shows the O's as the A.L. East Champ, or even possibly 2012 World Series Champions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hats off to Buck Showalter. The O's have been a completely different team since August of last year.

Orioles Magic said...

Totally agree that the team has turned around since he came to town.