Monday, September 10, 2012

Variations of Vlad


Somehow, Topps has figured out how to continue throwing some new Orioles cards of Vladimir Guerrero out there even though he has not been a part of the Orioles for nearly a year now. The most recent Orioles cards of his that they issued are in the 2012 Topps mini set released during the National Card Show. I have a few of them so far but they aren't scanned yet, so I will post them sometime down the road.

In addition to the few new Orioles cards of Vlad's that have come out, I continue to chip away at some of the variations that are out there. I don't put much time or money into this "mini"-collection but I like to pick up cards when I find them at the right price.

Like this Gypsy Queen mini picture variation,



this Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor #'ed 48/50...



and these two variations of his 2012 Topps Series 1 Average Leaders card, the black version #'ed 22/61, and the Walmart Blue.




I somehow only enjoy getting the same card, albeit different colors/shininess, so many times. I believe I now have 10 versions of the Bowman card and 7 versions of the average leader card, and I know there are at least 1 or 2 more variations of each out there!


2 comments:

arpsmith said...

Nice pick ups. That gold card looks really nice!

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks! It's amazing how many cards were made of Vlad to commemorate his single season in Baltimore.