Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Beginning of the End of My Orioles Vladdy Cards


I'm finally almost to the point where I've shown off all of my Vladimir Guerrero Orioles cards. Which is probably a good thing since he hasn't played for the Orioles in about 14 months.


But even though Vladdy hasn't played for the Orioles in quite some time, Topps continued to milk his time in the black and orange as long as possible, with Vlad's (likely) last major release picturing him as an Oriole coming out in the early August release of Topps minis, almost a full year after his time in Baltimore had clearly ended.


I've probably had this card for almost two years but have refused to show it before since it's ruined by the picture of a Red Sox player. And how are these two a duo in any way, shape, or form? I guess they're both from the Dominican Republic, but it's not like they ever played together professionally. A duo during the World Baseball Classic or some such-a-thing maybe, but not a duo with these two A.L. East rivals. 

No comments: