Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time for the Brooms & Alumni Autograph Series

Since the O's have a chance to sweep the Yanks for the first time in like 4 years, it's hard not to be excited today. The O's have won the first two games of the season the right way, with good starts from Guthrie & Koji and by mashing the ball off of CC and Wang. It would be excellent to start the season 3-0, especially to the detriment of the Yanks.

I've also been meaning to write about the newly implemented Orioles' Alumni Autograph Series which will bring over 20 former O's players out to the Yard to sign autographs throughout the season. This is a perfect year for this to start for me since it coincides with my refocused autograph project. While I have autographs from most of the guys that will be appearing, there are 4 or 5 that I have yet to add to my collection, so I'm pumped.
Two or three players will be at the MASN booth on Eutaw Street from 1.5 hours until 30 minutes prior to the first pitch during every Monday and Thursday home game. Today was the first appearance with Al Bumbry, Tippy Martinez & Billy Hunter signing; my awesome girlfriend was able to get them all for me while I was at work!

Here is the complete list of players that will be signing throughout the season:
(* indicates an auto I need)
Paul Blair
Al Bumbry
Ken Dixon
*Joe Durham
Ross Grimsley
Dick Hall
*Ron Hansen
Bill Hunter
Dave Johnson
Rick Krivda
*Calvin Maduro
Tippy Martinez
Scott McGregor
*John Miller
*Curt Motton
Tim Nordbrook
Joe Orsulak
Larry Sheets
John Stefero
Bill Swaggerty
*Jimmy Williams

So come out to the Yard and check out the past players. It should be a fun season!

1 comment:

Rounding Thirty 3rd said...

Tried to access your wantlist, but the website says I don't have permission to access that spreadsheet.