Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010 Orioles FanFest Signers Announced


Today the list of current, former and future Orioles' players that are appearing at FanFest was released.

In alphabetical
order from Roch's blog...

Current & Future O's:

MATT ALBERS
ROBERT ANDINO
GARRETT ATKINS
MICHAEL AUBREY
JOSH BELL
BRAD BERGESEN
JASON BERKEN
ALBERTO CASTILLO
BRANDON ERBE
MIKE GONZALEZ
JEREMY GUTHRIE
DAVID HERNANDEZ
RHYNE HUGHES
JIM JOHNSON
ADAM JONES
NICK MARKAKIS
BRIAN MATUSZ
CLA MEREDITH
KAM MICKOLIO
KEVIN MILLWOOD
LOU MONTANEZ
TROY PATTON
FELIX PIE
NOLAN REIMOLD
BRIAN ROBERTS
DENNIS SARFATE
LUKE SCOTT
BRANDON SNYDER
CHORYE SPOONE
CRAIG TATUM
CHRIS TILLMAN
JUSTIN TURNER
MATT WIETERS
TY WIGGINTON



Current Coaches:

TERRY CROWLEY
JEFF DATZ
ALAN DUNN
RICK KRANITZ
JUAN SAMUEL
JOHN SHELBY

DAVE TREMBLEY


Former Players:

PAUL BLAIR
MIKE BORDICK
DON BUFORD
AL BUMBRY
MIKE CUELLAR
RICK DEMPSEY
KEN DIXON
JOE DURHAM
TODD FROHWIRTH
DICK HALL
RON HANSEN
CHRIS HOILES
BILL HUNTER
DAVE JOHNSON
RICK KRIVDA
CALVIN MADURO
SCOTT McGREGOR
JOHN MILLER
TIM NORDBROOK
JOE ORSULAK
JIM PALMER
BOOG POWELL
GARY ROENICKE
LARRY SHEETS
NATE SNELL
JOHN STEFERO
BJ SURHOFF
BILL SWAGGERTY
FRED VALENTINE


I'm really excited because I don't have autographs of Atkins, Hughes, Millwood or Tatum and can use upgrades on Bergesen, Bordick, Frohwirth, Markakis, Mickolio and Tillman. I don't know if I will be able to get them all but I am going to try.

Also, Zach inspired me to put an offer out there in the blogosphere to help others with their collections. I don't think that I will be able to cover everyone by any means but I will try to cover as much as possible. If you are interested in anyone I listed above, please comment on this post. I just ask that you are a follower on this blog and I will do what I can to help you out. Also, I will need to receive any items that you would like signed in the mail by next Friday. If you need my address, email me at salsmanado at gmail dot com. If I get too many requests for specific players I will have to say no to some later requests but I will do what I can.

9 comments:

Collective Troll said...

Wow, what a great line up of signers!!! Since you offered I might send you cards of Wigginton and Cuellar just in case, but please get your own 'graphs first!

zman40 said...

You can count me in for Crowley if that is not a problem. I wouldn't mind Dempsey either, but I don't want to push it. Both of them have '81 Donruss cards I want signed. Let me know which one would be easier for you and I'll send it off with your Quirk on Saturday.

night owl said...

I'd love to get an autographed card of Dave Trembley. I'll try to get a card down to you in time.

beardy said...

I have to work, and won't be able to make it. Think you could score me an Adam Jones auto, if I send you out a card?

Orioles Magic said...

I'm happy to help you all out. And if I'm not able to get your cards signed for some reason, I have extra autographs from most of these guys that I will send your way. I will let you know how it goes but I hope to be able to help you all out!

deal said...

Is there any way of getting free admission tix other than being a season ticket holder. I just can't see paying 10 bucks for what is really a promotional event.

Orioles Magic said...

Deal-I'm not sure but I don't think so. However you might categorize this event, in my opinion $10 isn't much to get as many autographs as you have time for or meeting your favorite players. I know that many teams hold similar events and some, such as the Cardinals, not only charge for admission but the big time players cost as much as $50 for an autograph ticket.

Some of these players are very hard autographs to get at games and it's kind of an autograph flea market for us auto collectors.

deal said...

I have only gone to 1 orioles fan fest and the autos were not easy to obtain. It was the first yr they did NOT use a schedule and you only got the signers that were there when you got to the front of the line.

That may not be the case this yr, but it was the yr I was there. Maybe 2005 give or take a year.

Orioles Magic said...

I've been to most of the FanFests since the early to mid '90s and they have certainly tried some things that didn't work out. The past few years they have used a schedule so you can gameplan a strategy. Or maybe I'm the only person that gets that into these things. Either way, we should know who is signing when and where once we get there on Saturday.

You should come back sometime, I bet you will enjoy it more than your last trip!