Sunday, May 30, 2010

Former Orioles Private Signings

For you fellow autograph collectors, specifically those of you who are into Orioles autographs, there are a few private signings with former O's that I came across on SportsCollectors.Net that you will probably be interested in. I'm sure that some of you are already aware of these and have sent your items in, but I hope this might help at least someone out there.

As a disclaimer-I have never dealt with either of the signing organizers before, so I can't vouch that it will be an easy transaction. I sent Crown cards in to both signings, so if you choose to do the same, at least we will be in the same boat. Let's hope for the best!

SCN user SIGNATURES is holding a signing with Roger Nelson who is a 0% TTM signer.
Roger has 2 O's cards; this 1968 Topps Rookie card (which I don't own so I borrowed this image from another website) and his Crown card. I don't know whose uni Roger is wearing on this card but it doesn't look like it was black and orange. I sent in a Crown card for this signing.


Here is all of the information on that signing. I don't think you need to be on SCN to participate, but I would email them just to check.

Our Reds, Royals, Orioles, White Sox 8X10 $14.00
Our M.L. Baseball 30.00
Your Baseball 20.00
Your Card 8.00
Your Flat 10.00
Your Bulky Item 20.00
Inscriptions $5.00

Ordering instructions: Your SASE or returned shipping is fine. All other items add $6.00 for small items and $10.00 for bulky items. All items must be received by June 5th.

Send all payments to:

ALL STAR CARDS AND COLLECTIBLES
4290 SOUTH UNIVERSITY DRIVE
DAVIE,FL 33328
Phone: 954 577-0247
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED

Email: Signatures4u@aol.com
or allstarjef@aol.com

SCN user 4192HITS is hosting a card show and has Tommy Harper lined up as a guest. Tommy is a 7% TTM signer, which to me pretty much is like a 0% chance I would ever get my card back if I sent it directly to him.

Tommy has two O's card, this '77 Topps, which I do own but still borrowed this scan from another site due to laziness, and his Crown card. I again chose the Crown card to send in for the signing since the '77 Topps has the facsimile autograph already on it.


Here's the information for that signing...again I would check if you need to be on SCN to participate in this one, but I doubt it since he has his own website.

Tommy Harper will be an autograph guest from 10:30 to 12:30 at my big sports card show on Sunday, June 20 at the Holiday Inn in Mansfiled, Massachusetts. Mail order autograph on your card $9 for 1, $7 each additional plus SASE. Mail order autograph on your any other item, $11 plus return shipping, no charge for an inscription. For all the details, go to www.cardboardpromotions.com &, as necessary, click on "mail order autographs".

Good luck everyone, I hope that helps someone out!

No comments: