Monday, May 17, 2010

Unpossible Autographs-Orioles Card Updates

It's been a while since I have done an Unpossible Autograph post. There are a few reasons for this, but my main excuse is the start of the 2010 baseball season and my focusing on that.

I wrote about these three players last July when my dad bought their autographs for me. The autos that he gave me then weren't on Orioles cards, and since then, I have come across signed O's cards of all three guys.

Since I already wrote something about each of these guys before, I'll try not to repeat myself.

Bob's hat looks like it is sitting on top of his head, doesn't it? It either that or that he has a very oblong head. His autograph is pretty legible, and reads something Like Ber Kennedy.

Fred's autograph looks almost exactly the same as the pre-printed version on the card. I normally like to compare the autograph to the pre-printed copy and this has to be the most similar I have come across so far. Looks like Fred was pretty consistent with a pen, with the only real differences showing with the exaggerations on the d and h.

Ray's signature is also very readable, and features a very unique R to start things out . It's amazing how players from the past seem to be able to sign very well even as they get older, while many young guys today just draw a squiggle on my cards. I guess it has something to do with the frequency of requests today and the dying art of penmanship. Believe me, you should all be glad that I get to type this blog. If I had to hand write it, it would look like a 5 year old was involved, so I'm far from saying that I'm not guilty of crappy writing either. (HEY- I meant hand-writing) It's just that no one asks me for my autograph to care, except for an occasional check-out counter. But that does nothing for my ego.


On an unrelated note, I omitted something from my Orioles bobblehead post on Friday. I meant to include a link to a new-to-me bobblehead centric blog that I found last week. dodgerbobble focuses on all things bobbleheads and Dodgers, but specifically on Dodgers bobbleheads. It's a very cool idea, and if I ever started another blog it would probably be about Orioles bobbleheads. But I'm not like the Troll who seems to have time for 3 or 4 blogs!

No comments: