Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bobblehead of the Week- EDDIE


Since I've been "showing off" some of my back row bobbleheads (my least favorite bobbleheads that reside in the rear row of my bobblehead display) in recent weeks, I figured it was about time to show off one of my favorite Orioles bobbles.



Hall of Famer Eddie Murray rocking an orange uniform...what's not to like?!?! This thing is awesome.



If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that Cal is my all-time favorite Oriole, but Eddie is right up there, and I kind of like really love the orange unis. Not to mention Eddie's stupendous facial hair. I dare another bobblehead to top Eddie's mutton-chops/huge mustache/afro combo.



Since I bought this bobblehead on ebay, I honestly don't know too much about it. If you squint, you can see that it says HOF 2003 at the bottom of this picture, so that gives me a clue. As far as I can tell, this was a stadium giveaway that was handed out to the first 20,000 fans on July 20, 2003 to celebrate Eddie's induction to the Hall of Fame. I was in college in '03 and my Orioles fan-dom was tuned down a notch at the time. But once I saw a picture of this bobble, I just knew that I had to have it and was outbid on a few before I was finally won this one for about $25.



I'm happy that I was able to share a bobblehead that I actually like this week. Eddie is firmly entrenched in the front row of my bobbleheads and will likely stay there indefinitely.


And for a little preview of tomorrow, another bobblehead is coming your way, but this might be my least favorite bobble of all time...

3 comments:

Ryan H said...

That's a great looking bobble!

Dodgerbobble said...

I need that bobblehead! That is freakin' awesome! Love, Love, Love the sideburns!

I'll be on the hunt for this one.

Orioles Magic said...

Ryan- I definitely agree
DB- Good luck tracking one down!