Saturday, September 10, 2011

Orioles Bobblehead of the Week- Sammy Sosa

Last week, I featured my Rafael Palmeiro bobblehead, which I mentioned I kept in the back row of my Orioles bobbleheads due to my general dislike of Raffy. Also hanging out in that back row of bobbles was none other than Mr. Sammy Sosa.


While Sammy's career numbers, specifically his 609 home runs, are pretty impressive, he has been hounded by steroid allegations over the past decade. It seems unlikely that he will be inducted into the Hall of Fame since contemporary players like Mark McGwire and Raffy have been largely passed over.



Sammy spent the 2005 season with the Orioles and was honored with a bobblehead giveaway on July 27, 2005. Too bad he was having an awful season and was none too popular with the fan-base.


More like SO-SO! Ha.

3 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

Damn, they did an amazing job on this one. It looks just like him.

If you have another one you'd like to trade, let me know.

Hackenbush said...

I still remember his obnoxious press conference with the O's where he was talking about how happy he was to be "in my new house." I'm a Cubs fan but it's hard for me to like the guy. Keep him in the back with Rafi.

Orioles Magic said...

It is a pretty nice looking bobble, I just wish I could look past that it's Sammy.

Hackenbush- I think that I'm going to continue profiling my "back row bobbles". Seems like as good a reason as any to pick bobbles to feature each week.