Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Case of the Sundays- Screw You Adam Loewen


Adam Loewen made his Major League hitting debut with the Blue Jays on Wednesday, going 1-3 with a strikeout and a run scored. He was also hit by a pitch, which kind of brought a smile to my face, but only since I knew he was alright, I swear. Now before you get all up-in-arms for my saying that, hear me out.

Here's a Blue-Jays/Canadian spun article that was featured on Canada.com this week so you can read about Loewen's return to the Majors after injuries forced an end to his pitching career with the Orioles. But there is a rather major omission in that article. The part about how the Orioles had a hand-shake agreement with Loewen that would return him to their farm system to redevelop as a hitter. And how he dicked over the team who had paid their 2002 first round pick millions of dollars to go 8-8 with a 5.38 ERA over parts of three seasons in Baltimore. Listen, I know Loewen is Canadian and all, so I can get how he would want to play with his home country's only remaining MLB team. The part I don't understand is how Loewen could have treated the Orioles so poorly after all the time and money they wasted on him.

Oh, and Adam, your signature is awful. My dog could handle a sharpie better than that.

3 comments:

Ryan H said...

It was a total dick move by Loewen when he sign with the Jays. I've actually been rooting against him getting back to the majors but since we are the Orioles, of course he does great and gets the call up. I'm sure Vlad will hit 30 dingers for whichever team picks him up next year.

William Regenthal said...

I thought Loewen's move was a dick move as well and will never root for him. I've put all of his autos and cards that I got up for sale since I don't want them contaminating my Orioles box... He really did the team wrong.

Orioles Magic said...

Glad you guys, and hopefully some others, agree with me about Loewen. That homer hurt yesterday and we can hope it was his first and last one in the Majors.