Thursday, November 5, 2009

TTM Success-Ron Washington

I've showcased Ron once before when I got a signed Twins card of his in a trade. But I didn't get too in depth since I was sharing multiple cards in that post. This time, Ron is getting a post of his own.

Ron's time with the Orioles lasted all of 26 games during the 1987 season. He played most of those games at third base but was a utility player. Luckily for me, the Crown set came through again and features Ron on his only Orioles card. He is currently the manager of the Texas Rangers and signed from the team address this past season. I was psyched since he is one of the few current players or coaches who actually personalized my card as I requested. He coached in the Mets & A's organizations before getting a shot at managing and was featured in the book "Moneyball" while with the A's. He is considered an old-school type of manager.

4 comments:

Paul P said...

I like Ron. I've been able to speak to him a few times and he's a nice guy.

Orioles Magic said...

That's cool, I can at least vouch that he is nice enough to sign TTM!

Unknown said...

did he play for the twins?

Orioles Magic said...

He sure did. If you check out this post, I also have a signed Twins card of his that I received in a trade. http://greatoriolesautographproject.blogspot.com/2009/06/im-halfway-there.html