Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Orioles' Jon Leicester


Jon Leicester 2007

So even though it doesn't look like it, his last name is pronounced les-ter. This makes me feel like the Orioles got the wrong Jon Leicester to pitch for them. Oh well, we just happened to get the Jon Leicester that not many people will have heard of, and wasn't able to find much success at the Major League level.

I got this card in a SCN trade and am cool with it as Jon doesn't have any cards that feature him in an Orioles uniform. I do have a card of him during his time with the Tides but I don't want to send it out unless I'm pretty sure it will come back to me.

Jon appeared in 10 games (5 starts) and went 2-3 with a 7.59 ERA for the 2007 O's. Things didn't go too well but he certainly wasn't the worst pitcher the Orioles had that year; will the two Victor's please step forward? He was with the O's organization again in 2008 but spent the entire season at Norfolk and didn't make it back to Baltimore as he didn't have a good season with the Tides. He pitched for the Japanese League Orix Buffaloes during the 2009 season, although I couldn't find his name on their website. Well, I couldn't find much of anything on their website as I don't speak nor read Japanese. If anyone out there does, maybe you can help me on this one...

No comments: