Friday, December 4, 2009

Hector Carrasco

Hector Carrasco 2003

I had a lot of "fun" trying to track down Hector this season as he bounced around the Atlantic League. Paul of Paul's Random Stuff tried to help me keep track of which team Hector was on but I missed out on getting him to sign TTM with both the Newark Bears and Long Island Ducks. As you can see from the picture in this card, Hector is a good signer, both in the mid 90's when this card came out and still is to this day. The only problem is that he lives in the Dominican Republic in the offseason and doesn't have a listed address there.

So after my failed TTM attempts, I traded a SCN user for this card. There's quite a bit going on with the card and it's not one that I would've chosen to get signed, but beggars can't be choosers. He doesn't have an Orioles card so I'm just happy to have the autograph on any card at this point.

Hector pitched for the O's in 2003 and went 2-6 with a 4.93 ERA over 40 relief appearances. He has been in the Major or Minor League systems of fifteen different franchises over the past 20 years, and that doesn't include Independent League teams. So to say he has been all over the place might be an understatement.

I hope Hector pitches somewhere in the US again next season so I can try one more time to get a personalized autograph from him.

3 comments:

zman40 said...

I think that the cards looks pretty good signed. I always like signed cards of players signing.

Anonymous said...

I still feel bad that I wasn't able to get a Hector Carrasco card signed for you.

Orioles Magic said...

Zach- I totally agree about liking to get cards signed that show a player signing too. This particular card just has a lot else going on too.

Paul-You helped me out so much this year. Thanks a million. It's far from your fault that Carrasco couldn't stay on one team!