Friday, April 30, 2010

Frederick Keys Autographs

In my constant attempt to remain on top of the autographs I get at games, here are the autographs I got at a Frederick Keys game...almost two weeks ago. Hey, I did say attempt.

Former big-leauger Denny Hocking is the Key's new hitting coach. I wasn't sure how he would sign but he was very cool and signed up to seven cards for a few people. That's more than I like to get at one time, but he signed these two for me.



Pitching coach Blaine Beatty also had a cup of coffee in the Majors. I found it interesting that he inscribed the same Bible verse on each card. Sometimes guys will switch it up. But I guess he really likes Phillipians 4:13 which states "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

I don't have my Baseball America Prospect Handbook with me, but I know that these guys all ranked somewhere between 11-30.


I don't know if Brandon had seen this card yet but wasn't happy with the way his pinkie finger was sticking out.



I'm pretty sure that Billy is #30. The former #1 draft pick's stock is definitely slipping.

Now onto the unranked prospects...


Luis spent most of this past Spring Training in the Big League camp so it was nice to get his autograph. He's since been demoted to Delmarva.

Jose Duran was one of the O's selections in the Minor League portion of the 2010 Rule V draft. He had been in the Houston Astros organization but I couldn't find any of his cards.

I really enjoy saying Greg's last name even though I'm not sure if it's My-clat or Me-clat. Either way, it's fun to say.



These are the first two cards I have signed from the 2009 Ironbirds set that I picked up at Orioles Fanfest. The grass background is interesting.



Mariotti and Gleason spent some time with Bowie last year so it's not a good sign that they are back in Frederick.



Wally and Brett are back in Frederick for another season. I don't really have anything else to say about them.

3 comments:

zman40 said...

That's funny about Cooney's pinkie. I wonder if he is going to start looking at the way he throws now.

Anonymous said...

I like those Aberdeen cards. I haven't seen a design like that before.

Orioles Magic said...

Zach-It's definitely possible. He wasn't happy about the picture. And he's huge, probably 6-5, 260. So if I was a photgrapher, I might want to keep him happy.

Paul-I'm a little unsure about them. I feel like the focus might be on the grass too much. I guess the O's have the rights to that design though since I have seen pictures from the 09 Bluefield O's set that also used that design.