Friday, April 23, 2010

TTM Success: Chico Fernandez


Recently, I have moved away from showcasing the autograph successes I've received from my TTM requests. Why? Well, my excitement and energy was focused on the 2010 Orioles. Since that has now dissipated, at least to an extent, I am going to return my focus to showing off my TTM conquests.

Chico Fernandez 1968

Chico has an interesting signature to say the least. It almost looks like he signed on a flat edge, like a ruler, and then let it fly at the end with his Z. It's a kind of cramped but very legible autograph, and it was his first recorded success on SCN. Aaron, who is a good friend of the blog, gave me the heads up to send to Chico, and Chico personalized my card and got it back to me in only 10 days.

I don't think many people have sent requests to Chico because they either didn't think he signed TTM, or they overlooked him. His MLB career lasted only 24 games for the '68 Birds, and he appeared at both 2B and SS during his time in Baltimore.

There is another, more well known Chico Fernandez who played for the Dodgers, Phillies, Tigers and Mets over a ten year MLB career.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you send a donation? I heard he is not too nice in general.

Orioles Magic said...

I did not send any money for his autograph, I think that you are thinking of the other Chico that I mentioned at the end of the post. I'm pretty sure that Chico charges $20-25 per signature.

Clay said...

With respect to the flatness along the bottom of his signature, this may be due to fact that he did use a ruler ... Social secretaries do this on formal occasions and some Latin countries teach children to write in such a manner in order to keep everything looking neat and tidy ... All in all a nicely signed card ... You have an exceptionally clean and informative webpage ... Well done.

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks Clay, I appreciate the kinds words.