Sunday, May 22, 2011

The 2011 Orioles Walk-Up Song Project Update #3

Since I know you were all wondering when I would update this again...

Here's what I've updated this time around- I finally locked down Mark Reynold's song and it seems pretty fitting. JJ Hardy seems to using something completely different from earlier in the season. And blog reader and O's fan Matthew helped me out with the song Troy Patton used in what might be his only Orioles appearance this season. Also had to add Brandon Snyder to the list, but have no idea what song he's using.




So I don't know about any of you, but I've always been interested to hear what walk-up songs different players have when they come up to the plate or enter the game. I feel like it can tell you something about the player or at least gives the fans some insight into what music the player likes. I've also heard that some players just have a member of the team staff select their walk-up/entrance songs, but I like to think those guys are a minority.

My goal is to figure out all of the walk-up songs for the Orioles' hitters and entrance songs for all O's pitchers.
I've done this to some extent in the past just for fun, but this year I'm being assisted by my iPhone's Shazam app, which "listens" to any music that is being played and tells you what the song is and who performed it.

Here's what I have so far, with YouTube links to the songs if available. As you might guess, some links might contain explicit lyrics, you can probably figure out whether you want to click them or not.

Brian Roberts- "Don't Waste Your Life "Lecrae ft. Cam & Dwayne Tryumf
Nick Markakis- "Deliverance" Bubba Sparxx
Derrek Lee- "All The Lights" Kanye West & "The Second Coming"  Juelz Santana
Vladimir Guerrero- "Calabria"  Enur ft. Natasja
Luke Scott- LUUUUKE Intro or "Rock You Like a Hurricane"  The Scorpions
Adam Jones- "I'm Illy" T.I., 5/10 "Welcome to Jamrock" Damian Marley
Matt Wieters- "Kick It" Manafest
Mark Reynolds- "Hillbilly Deluxe" Brooks & Dunn
Robert Andino- "Black N Orange" Dboi Da Dome, E' From Da Wic, Jay Luv & "BMF" Rick Ross
Felix Pie- "Hasta Abajo" Don Omar
Jake Fox- "I Use What I Got" Jason Aldean
Cesar Izturis- "Hypnotize"  Notorious BIG
JJ Hardy- "Driven to Tears" The Police, 5/10 "Gin & Juice Instrumental" Snoop Dogg
Brandon Snyder- ???

Jeremy Guthrie- "Never Say Never" Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith (this one hurts, Gut)
 Brian Matusz- "God's Gonna Cut You Down"  Johnny Cash* (As of 2010, hasn't pitched in 2011 yet)
Jake Arrieta- "Bad Company" Five Finger Death Punch
Chris Tillman- "For Whom The Bell Tolls"  Metallica*
Brad Bergesen- ???
Jason Berken- "Right Now" Van Halen
Mike Gonzalez- ???
Jeremy Accardo- "Sad But True" Metallica
Josh Rupe- ???
Clay Rapada- "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" AC/DC
Chris Jakubauskas- ???
Jim Johnson- "The Pretender"  Foo Fighters
Koji Uehara- "Sandstorm" Darude*
Troy Patton- "Stop If You Think You've Heard This One Before" The Smiths

Kevin Gregg- "TNT" AC/DC





I'm not positive about these, but the songs have been played for the players at least once

Zach Britton- "Seven Nation Army" The Oak Ridge Boys

* Indicates song info came from list on O's website and I haven't confirmed that it's still correct

I plan to keep updating this throughout the season and will add more songs as I figure out who uses what songs.

No comments: