Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Amazing Orioles Spring Training Start

The Orioles thoroughly dominated the Rays yesterday in their Spring Training home opener, which was also their first home game at Ed Smith Stadium. The game was on the radio in Baltimore and I am lucky enough to work at a job where I can listen to games during the work day, so I randomly hooted and hollered as my coworkers looked at me wondering if I was having a seizure. The O's top position prospect Josh Bell, went deep twice, as did Rhyne Hughes, both in their first game with the big league club. Nick Markakis and Scott Moore also went deep and the O's rolled over the Rays in a 12-2 victory.

I know that it's just Spring Training and that these games don't count and won't be remembered at the end of the season, but it was a great way to start things out. Even in Spring Training, the Orioles don't often look this good, and it got me even more excited for my trip to Florida next week.

Let's Go O's!!

No comments: