Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MLB Alumni Signing Additions


So I don't know how many of you fellow autograph collectors are aware of this but the Major League Baseball Players Alumni holds a signing pretty much every month through their website. Last month, I was able to add two guys to my collection who don't sign much at all TTM or otherwise. I was very happy to be able to add these two tough signers to my collection.




Mike "Pags" Pagliarulo 1993

For some reason I remember Pags being an Oriole for much longer than he actually was: he played in only 33 games for the Birds at the end of the 1993 season. It might have something to do with the multiple O's cards I have of his which could've led me to think that his tenure in Baltimore was longer than it actually was. Overall, he played 11 Major League seasons, mostly with the Yankees & Twins. He is currently running a baseball website called Dugout Central.

Willie Royster 1981

Willie played only 4 games for the O's in 1981 and I can't say that I really remember him, other than for the slightly goofy picture on this Crown card. I also know that he's only a 25% TTM signer who only has this one Orioles card, so I jumped at this opportunity to get his signature.

No comments: