Monday, March 22, 2010

My Blog Turns One! And I Forgot the Cake!

Technically, this blog has been going for a year as of last Thursday 3/18. It figures that I would forget to say something on the actual day but I felt like it was something that warranted a post, even if it was belated. Here is a link to my first ever post.

I can't believe that I have been doing this for a full year already. I've been collecting autographs for most of my life but had no clue that I would stick with this blogging thing as long as I have. I think that I thought 100 posts was a good goal at the beginning. And I know that some of my fellow bloggers write many more posts per week than I do, or are into the thousands of total posts. I commend them for their commitment and skill; I know that I am not on their level. But I am very happy to have posted an average of 5.2 blog posts per week for a whole year.

I can hope that I will continue to post for another year or two, but who knows what the future will bring. I can guarantee that I will always collect Orioles autographs, but don't know if I can blog indefinitely. Some major life changes are looming so we will see how things work out, but I promise to post approximately 5.2 times a week as long as I have the time and motivation.

To celebrate my Blog-day, if you will, here is an autograph that I really like and that I got on my spring training trip. It's the Dean of the Orioles, our long-time second baseman and leadoff hitter, Brian Roberts. He's wearing an orange uniform, which is a focus of the new offshoot of my Orioles auto collection, and I just like the card.

9 comments:

TheBrooklynMet said...

Congratulations, over five posts a week is impressive!

Steve Gierman said...

Congrats! Keep up the great work!

SAinPA said...

Congratulations! I very much enjoy checking the blog any learning little known facts about historic Os players!

zman40 said...

No cake?? Just kidding. Congrats and I am looking forward to the next year of posts.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Here's to year two. :)

unclemoe said...

Aw k'mon. I offered up fake cake last month for my blogiversary.

moe.

night owl said...

Happy birthday, GOAP!

Contrary Guy said...

Congratulations!

If your posting dropped to 5.1 times a week (or even 5.0), that would probably be ok.

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks everyone, I hope the next year has been as much fun as the first year was.

And those extra .2 posts a week are what really defines the blog. Haha.