Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Celebrating, Just Like Craig Tatum

Craig Tatum got the news from Dave Trembley yesterday that he is going to make the first Opening Day roster of his young career. Congrats to him; I hope that he can develop into a viable Major League backup to Wiety and can work towards building confidence with the mostly young pitching staff.

And I'm happy because for the first time since I started my blog a year ago, I averaged one post a day for an entire month. As I mentioned when I was celebrating my blog-iversary last week, I normally average just over 5 posts a week, so posting 31 times in 31 days is an accomplishment for me. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that I will continue to average a post a day in April, and I have no idea how some bloggers average 2 or more a day. You guys are dedicated! I know that hosting my first contest was the main reason that I posted so often.


With Tatum making the Orioles 25-man roster, it means that Chad Moeller will either have to accept another Minor League assignment and spend some more time with the Tides, or he will ask for his release. I guess that Andy MacPhail is trying to find a spot for him on another team's 25-man, but it seems unlikely at this point. Good luck with whatever your future may hold Chad! You were always a good signer, and that was important to me at least.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Cool post. I was down for spring training last weekend and got to speak with Chad briefly before they called Sunday's game against the Blue Jays for rain. He signed a ball for my friend and was really nice to everyone there.

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks much phaedrusX, I appreciate it. Chad has always seemed like a nice guy and was very accommodating with my auto requests over his year or so with the O's.

RadicalEddie said...

Chad is with the Yanks now!