Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back to the Autographs- Don Hood TTM Success

After posting for most of the last week about my spring training contest, I felt like it was about time that I got back to the heart of the blog, showcasing my Orioles autographs!


Don Hood 1973-74


My second TTM request to Don Hood produced a better result than the first. He seems to be very hit-or-miss with his signing habits; signing all requests he gets some times and ignoring all of them other times. I'm glad he signed this card for me since it was the last card of his I have in my collection as the first card I sent seems unlikely to come back at this point (it's been 6 months since I sent it). He has a pretty awesome autograph though, I like that it's very loopy and exaggerated.

Don spent the first two seasons of his ten year MLB career with the O's and appeared in 28 games overall for the black and orange.

2 comments:

Dan Hoffman said...

I think to honor Don, the Oriole on his cap should also be sporting a moustache.

Orioles Magic said...

That's a good point, I don't know how I glossed over that glorious 'stache in my post. It almost deserves a post of its own. Maybe you're on to something Dan...