Friday, April 5, 2013

Oriole #943- Alexi Casilla & Happy Opening Day in Baltimore



So my preseason predictions were correct (I actually called it originally way back on March 1st), and the first new Orioles debut of the season was none other than Alexi Casilla. He entered yesterday's O's game in the top of the ninth as a pinch-runner for the once-again-injured Brian Roberts, who did something on his hamstring stealing second. While I'm excited for Alexi's debut, I just really wish that it didn't have to come at the expense of B-Rob. I was excited to see him stay healthy this year.

I guess that for the time being, Casilla will split 2B duties with Ryan Flaherty. They are both very capable MLB players, but I hope that B-Rob isn't badly injured and can make it back to the lineup soon.

Oh, and Happy (home) Opening Day, Orioles Fans! Let's hope that the O's can keep up their winning ways after taking two of three in Tampa.


No comments: