Saturday, December 12, 2009

Adios Senor Bass


A lot of good-byes these past few days...which generally means we will be saying hello to some new faces soon enough.

Brian Bass today became the most recent former Oriole when the O's declined to offer him a contract for 2010. He was acquired from the Twins on September 5, 2008 for cash and went 6-3 with a 4.85 ERA in 53 games for the O's since then. Those are decent numbers but he seemed to have some issues last season keeping his head on straight in tight game situations, so you could only rely on him when the game was out of hand which didn't increase his value.

I listed him as a "I don't-think-he's-a-good-signer" in my autograph year in review since I only got his signature twice over his season plus with the Birds and only saw him sign one additional time that I missed out on him. As far as I know, he never had an Orioles card produced so these Twins autographed cards will stay in the collection.



Good luck with your next organization Brian.

No comments: