Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SCN Trade-Kurt Ainsworth


This Ainsworth auto came my way in a trade I made on SportsCollectors.Net sometime last year. I'm featuring it today since I have all my scans listed alphabetically and this card has been on top of the list and begging to be featured for months now. So it's finally getting it's chance to shine.

The last time I wrote about Kurt, I had sent him a TTM request right around the time I started writing this blog in March '09. I still haven't received that card back, but have heard that Kurt signs from some sort of baseball academy/school that he works with in his home-state of Louisiana. I don't have the website or address for that, but I have come across it at one point.

Kurt came to the Orioles from the Giants along with a few other players for Sidney Ponson in 2003. Kurt had battled shoulder injuries over his career and only ended up pitching in 10 games for the O's before being forced into retirement by the wear and tear on his shoulder. He went 0-2 with a 9.82 for the Birds, so he never found his groove in Baltimore.

His signature is fairly legible; the K t Ai th are pretty legible, but the middle letters of his name definitely get lost in translation.

No comments: