Friday, September 3, 2010

Aquino & Cabrera

At the beginning of the season I worked out a trade with a fellow SCN user who graphs the AAA International League.  He would try to get me Greg Aquino & Fernando Cabrera's autographs and I would send him a few bucks for his trouble.  Neither of them have any Orioles cards, so these 2008 Norfolk Tides cards are the closest thing to an O's card that I can get.  Recently, I was able to trade for an Aquino signed Orioles postcard, but I will probably keep both autographs in my collection.




Greg started the 2008 season with the Orioles and sported a 12.54 ERA in 9 games before he was designated for assignment.  He cleared waivers and spent the remainder of the season with the Tides. 

Overall, he's had a six season MLB career and has also pitched for the Diamondbacks, Brewers and Indians.  He is currently with the Charlotte Knights, the AAA affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.




I've been trying to get this card signed by Fernando for years now.  I went to a Rays-Orioles game in Tampa in late 2008 and he was signing for fans at the time, but it was before I received my '08 Tides set, so I had him sign an Orioles team card.  Eventually, I was able to trade for his autograph on an Indians card, but I was still holding out hope that I could one day get this card signed.  Well, my SCN trade partner came through and I finally have the autographed card I've been chasing for 2 years. 

Fernando pitched in 22 games for the O's in 2008 and went 2-1 with a 5.40 ERA.  He's also pitched for the Indians and Red Sox over 7 seasons in the big leagues, and is currently pitching for the Sawx AAA affiliate, the Pawtucket Red Sox.

No comments: