Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oriole #921- Exposito Knocked Off the List

On Saturday, I took a trip to Nationals Park in DC for this past weekend's "Battle of the Beltway" series between the O's and Nats and was happy to see the Orioles beat the Nationals 6-5 in a very exciting game. It was my first trip of the season to Washington but I will likely get back down there for another game or two, depending on my schedule. It's a nice park and all, but it's no Camden Yards!

It's highly probable that I was one of very few autograph seekers whose primary goal was to get a signature of the team's backup catcher, but such is the madness of my collection. 


And I succeeded! Luis Exposito graciously signed for a nice group of fans, and was kind enough to personalize this card for me. Too bad it pictures him in a Sawx uniform but beggars can't be choosers. 


I also was able to "upgrade" my autographs of a few other players to include my preferred personalization. I don't know exactly why I like it, but it makes the autographs mean more to me. 

Brian Matusz and Kevin Gregg were both leaning against the railing during Orioles batting practice, so it was pretty easy to knock out both of the relatively tough signers in one clip. 




Matt Lindstrom seems to be a pretty good signer thus far and was kind enough to add "Best Wishes".


So I got to see an Orioles win, a new autograph for my collection, and three new personalized autographs. I would say it was a very successful trip to DC, at least by my standards!

No comments: