Friday, September 21, 2012

Unpossible Autograph Friday- Bob Hale, Oriole #68



Former Orioles infielder Bob Hale passed away on September 8th, which unfortunately necessitates another unpossible autograph post. He played 376 major league games from 1955-61, and spent the first five years of his career with the Orioles before he wrapping up his time in the bigs with the Indians and Yankees. Bob became the 68th player to appear in a game for the Orioles when he made his MLB debut with them on July 4, 1955. 


He was truly a great TTM signer and I, accidentally, sent him two separate requests over recent years. I somehow had misfiled the first cards he signed for me and thought that I still needed his autograph for my collection, so I fired off another request. He dutifully signed all the cards I sent his way, and I truly appreciate each card he signed for me. Thank you for being so great to your fans, Bob! RIP, you will be missed.


To briefly explain the misspelled/made up title of these weekly posts: Every Friday, I profile a former Oriole who has passed away. I've substituted the word unpossible for impossible as an homage to a line from "The Simpsons". Young Ralph Wiggum, who is not very smart, says "Me fail English? That's unpossible." 

No comments: