Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Upgrading Rich Coggins

For a number of years, it was pretty hard to track down an autograph of Rich Coggins. That is, until the past year and a half or so during which Rich has completed a few private signings, so is signature is more widely available if not still somewhat hard to find. 

Well, I was lucky enough to get in on one of the private signings and get my card signed and personalized by the man who came in 6th place in the 1973 Rookie of the Year voting during his time with the O's. All told, Rich played three seasons in Baltimore during his five year MLB career.

The interesting part about the signed & personalized Orioles Crown card above is that it is considered to be Rich's "good signature". I mean, I know that my signature is nothing to write home about, but when that's considered your good signature, what does the bad one look like?


This is what the bad one looks like, and is what the Crown card replaced in my collection. So if anyone out there needs a bad signature of Rich, I've got one available.

No comments: