Friday, October 2, 2009

Potential to Avoid Dreaded 100 loss Season

With the Orioles amazing (and nail-biting) win last night against the Rays; they now only have to win 2 of 3 against the Blue Jays this weekend to avoid losing 100 games this season. So I'm featuring a few autographs of minor-leaguers that I hope will motivate the current team to win at least two games this weekend. Honestly, the Blue Jays aren't that great this season either, so I don't see why it can't be done.

I also know, that not a single player on the Orioles reads my site, so I guess I am just motivating myself to get out and root for my team even though I've been sick this week. GO O'S!!!



Carlos is a light-hitting shortstop who spent the '08 season in Bowie and was sent back there for the end of '09. He's not too likely to make the O's, but I did see him watching a game in the stands once.



John spent the '09 season with the Baysox but had some sort of hand injury that cut his season short. I don't know if he will ever make it to the big league squad.



Luis Lebron started the season with Frederick and was promoted to Bowie pretty early in the year. He has the best chance of these three to make the team in the near future since he is a relief pitcher and we figure to have a completely revamped 'pen next year.



The pitching matchups are David Purcey-Jason Berken tonight, Scott Richmond-Mark Hendrickson tomorrow and the Ricky Romero-Jeremy Guthrie in Sunday's finale. The O's can win two of those games, right?!? Well, I will be at the Yard all weekend so I really hope they can.



Let's go O's!!!

3 comments:

beardy said...

So you're saying there's a chance!?!

What a terrible season.

SAinPA said...

Let's just hope they can win for us on Sunday.

Orioles Magic said...

Hey, they won out, it was a pretty nice way to end the year.