Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Took a Step Back to Analyze My Strategy to Showcase Autos

So, I took the Columbus Day holiday weekend off from blogging to take a little vacation and to think about how I am going to conduct my blog in the offseason. Obviously the Orioles didn't make the playoffs yet again so I have been in a slight baseball funk. I always enjoy watching the playoffs and even run a playoff bracket with friends and coworkers to keep my interest level up. Before I get too far away from the point I am trying to make, here is my strategy for this little blog until Orioles baseball starts up again in the spring: I am going to post my review of the 2009 Orioles roster's signing habits this week. After that, I am going to continue featuring a new Orioles autograph card in every post, probably between 3-5 times a week. I hope to have some trades/purchases to talk about over the offseason too, but I will focus on sharing my autographed cards that have yet to make it onto the blog.

If anyone ever has any ideas for a specific player that you would like to see featured, I will certainly be open to any suggestions or other ideas.


So, to get my O's Year-in-Review under way. Here is a list of all the players who donned the orange and black during the 2009 season (in alphabetical order):

Matt Albers
Robert Andino
Michael Aubrey
Danys Baez
Brian Bass
Brad Bergesen
Jason Berken
Alberto Castillo
Adam Eaton
Jeff Fiorentino
Ryan Freel
Jeremy Guthrie
Mark Hendickson
Sean Henn
David Hernandez
Rich Hill
Aubrey Huff
Cesar Izturis
Jim Johnson
Adam Jones
Chris Lambert
Radhames Liz
Nick Markakis
Brian Matusz
Bob McCrory
Cla Meredith
Kam Mickolio
Chad Moeller
Lou Montanez
Melvin Mora
Felix Pie
Chris Ray
Nolan Reimold
Brian Roberts
Guillermo Rodriguez
Oscar Salazar
Dennis Sarfate
Luke Scott
George Sherrill
Alfredo Simon
Chris Tillman
Justin Turner
Koji Uehara
Jamie Walker
Chris Waters
Matt Wieters
Ty Wigginton
Gregg Zaun


That's 48 different players who were used by the O's this season. The only two that I don't have an autograph from are Koji Uehara and Alfredo Simon, but don't read too much into that. I will start my breakdown of all the player's signing habits tomorrow.

3 comments:

Collective Troll said...

Dude,
I saw Koji in Sarasota last month! I didn't realize that you needed him and I didn't have a card anyway... Your number of cards is very impressive. I hit 50 in my quest recently, but that is only because of great traders and a lot of certified autos... I have only got about 7 myself...

zman40 said...

Looking forward to the signing breakdown. It may help me out in the future.

Orioles Magic said...

Troll, I don't think I even knew that Koji was in Sarasota, oh well, maybe next time!! I still haven't had a chance to look through my extra autos for anything that might help you out, but hope to get to that soon.

Zach-I hope that some of the info I have will help you out too.