Sunday, April 18, 2010

big Thanks to big D from a Guest Blogger

Guest Blogger: Ryan's fiance, Kalina

I'll start by saying that all you bloggers out there have my respect and admiration. I see how much time and energy Ryan puts into this, and he's fairly new to it. I know how much dedication it takes, and more power to all of you for it.

Although I am an avid baseball fan, I have to admit that I started reading Ryan's blog mostly out of moral support. But it has grown to be a part of my daily routine, and I have recently been venturing away from his blog onto links to other blogs...your blogs...and have enjoyed reading them immensely, too.

The more active I become in Ryan's blogging, the more input he has "allowed" me to give. When he suggested putting our favorite players (players we collect) on the side of his blog so others could see what players we focused on, I thought: "That's a good way to get him some cards, but why would anyone send him cards for me..." Still, I thought he'd get some decent cards for his own collection out of it so I figured what the heck and gave him my list (also, if you've ever tried to talk Ryan out of an idea: it's not an easy thing to do).

Long story short, he posted our players and not long after, I am able to proudly add this card to my collection...and list it on my Sweetest Cards I Own list. May I present my one-of-a-kind, can't-describe-it's-awesomeness-in-words, big D-original: Nyjer Morgan "BIG Piece of the Puzzle" card...



big D
: I can NOT thank you enough for this card! I absolutely LOVE it! I read the back and you have my word that I will take EXTREMELY good care of this card, and it is already in my list of favorites :) Thank you SO much! I have printed out your "What We Collect" list...anything I have that's on it is yours. Thanks again!

All other readers: I highly recommend you check out big D's blog. It is highly entertaining and his custom cards, I don't know how he does it, but they are AWESOME.

4 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

whoa, cool concept! Nicely done again Big D!

zman40 said...

That is a great looking card! Congrats, Kalina.

BigD said...

Kalina, glad you liked the card and you are very welcome.

Orioles Magic said...

Great job Kalina! Maybe I should let you post more often...