Friday, April 30, 2010

A Picture from Spring Training



Somehow, I failed to show this picture of Brian Roberts and me that my dad took during Orioles Spring Training in Sarasota. Brian's dad was selling a book about base-stealing that he wrote and if you bought the book, Brian would sign it and something else for no additional charge. Since B-Rob was hurt, he was able to do this while the game was going on. It was a pretty cool experience and I might try to now get him to sign this picture for me. If you look very closely, you can see that I am holding this card in my hand.

Brian seemed like a very cool guy and it was very nice to be able to meet him. Things like this is why I love Spring Training. You would never be able to do that during the regular season. I always look forward to my trips down there and hope to be able to do it again next year.

6 comments:

zman40 said...

Great picture and I hope that you can get it signed!

SAinPA said...

Cool picture. What a nice experience!

Collective Troll said...

Great story! B-Rob is the coolest! Did you get the book?
For Kalina-do you have a haves/needs list for Scott Kazmir? I am sorting out my Kaz collection. I probably have a few Pena dupes, too. I always get psyched when I see people collect Nyjer Morgan-coming up with the Pirates he was a good friend and a GREAT person...

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks Zach and Sals!

Bacon-Kalina doesn't have very many cards of anyone that she collects. She loves Kaz and C-Pain, even though shes a huge O's fan. Any cards that you might have for her would be greatly appreciated. I have a few Rays autos for you in return. You the man! Thanks buddy!

unclemoe said...

Awesome picture!

moe.

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks Moe!