Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Sunday game in Bowie-my first time seeing Josh Bell & Steve Johnson

This past Sunday was the first time that I got to see the two players that the O's got in return for my boy, George Sherrill.

Steve Johnson, former Orioles pitcher & current broadcaster Dave Johnson's son, did not start but was nice enough to sign autographs and even posed for a picture with me. He seemed like a very cool guy and is excited to be pitching in the O's organization and hopefully one day for his hometown team.




Josh Bell started at third base and did not disappoint; he hit a HR in his second at bat of the game.

This is him coming back to the dugout and greeting his new teammates after his no-doubter.


Josh was really good about signing, and took time with the fans both before and after the game.


Here is a another picture of Josh on the left, warming up with Miguel Abreu on the right.



Tim Bascom was finally not starting a game that I went to, so I was able to get him to sign. For some reason my luck with silver sharpies isn't great. Does anyone have any advice for me?



Zach Clark always alludes me too. It's not that he doesn't sign, I just always seem to miss out. He was just sent down to Frederick today, but had a solid relief outing for Bowie on Sunday.



Brandon Erbe is pitching in Bowie again, after injuring himself earlier this season.



I always have to have to get one of the Figueroa brothers to sign for me. This time it was Danny. And a funny note: I saw him & Paco taking pictures of each other and they then had the trainer take pictures of them together near the clubhouse before warm-ups. I don't really know why, but wanted to share my observation.



John Mariotti's hand was in a cast, and he is on the DL. I don't have anything else on that point either but again, what I see is what you will read about.


Ryan Oullette signed before the game and got the save to finish things off for the Baysox win.


Chad Thall was brought in after Clark and before Ouellette and added some uncomfortable outs for the Baysox fans.


Jason White has been around Frederick and Bowie the past few seasons but I don't recall seeing him play before Sunday. He was the Baysox starting shortstop and had some slick fielding plays. But he should probably do something about his hairstyle.

Can you find Jason White?


Brad Komminsk signed for a few fans as he typically does, but I got Larry McCall for the first time all season. I thought that he might have something to say about my throwback Keys card but he doesn't interact too much with the fans.

I do have to give McCall major points on his autograph though. You can clearly see every single letter of his name. It's like the anti-Komminsk!


No comments: