Monday, August 3, 2009

Matusz will debut tomorrow in Detroit?!

So it seems like Brad Bergesen's leg injury and subsequent trip to the DL have forced the Orioles hand with Brian Matusz. He was absolutely dominating the Eastern League with a 7-0 record and 1.55 ERA and since the Orioles don't have any other starters that are quite ready in Norfolk (see you in September Jake & Troy) it sounds like Matusz is on a flight to Detroit today and will be announced as the O's starter for tomorrow's game.


Now it makes me wonder how the Birds will make room on their roster for Brian. He's definitely an upgrade over Berken and Guthrie, but as our "ace" Guthrie isn't going anywhere. Melmo has also been rocking the boat recently so it's possible he could be sent packing.

I was able to get these cards signed at last Sunday's Baysox game, at the time having no idea it would be the last time I would see him in the Minors. To date, I have only seen him pitch once at Bowie, but it was a nice start so I liked what I saw.

Good luck Brian, I hope to be able to watch your debut!

No comments: