Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Case of the Sundays- Luis Rivera

 


So, I know that Luis was some sort of prospect with the Braves and later the Orioles, but there are a few things that confuse me about this card.

1) It is in the 2002 Select set; Luis had appeared in just 6 games for the Braves and O's in 2000, not even playing in American professional baseball after that season. So how is he included in this 2002 set?

2) He was a pitcher, not an outfielder as listed on the card.

3) His signature looks like hieroglyphics and I don't think I see any part of Luis or Rivera in there.

I will say that I'm glad Luis was included in some certified autograph sets as an Oriole. Otherwise, his signed O's cards would be very hard to track down since he's been playing in Mexico since 2001. I don't need another Luis Garcia situation here.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

Strange card. I didn't even know that Score was still making cards in 2002.

Orioles Magic said...

Yeah, it is strange all around. I was definitely out of collecting in the early 2000s, so I don't remember this coming out at all.