Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Not Like It Matas

But I was able to upgrade the Frank Mata autographs in my collection thanks to some help from a fellow SCN grapher. Frank spent his 2011 Spring Training with the Marlins and didn't make the team so is now pitching for their AAA team in New Orleans. My SCN counterpart graphed all the Florida Spring Training sites and was able to take care of Frank for me.


Frank is Oriole #879 and you can read about him in the post I wrote last year. After he was sent back to Norfolk for the remainder of the season, he was included in the O's postcard set, 


as well as the 2010 Tides set, but I never made it to Norfolk to get either signed myself. 

I consider both upgrades over the Twins autographed card that was in my collection. Because the postcard is the only thing to show him in and O's uniform but I prefer signed cards, they will both be staying in my collection.
If anyone needs an autograph of Frank, this signed Twins cards is now available by trade, check or money order.

2 comments:

unclemoe said...

Nice pick up.

moe.

Orioles Magic said...

Thanks moe! I like 'em too.